Distance Education or Distance Learning is a method that focuses on teaching students who are not physically present in a traditional educational setting such as a classroom. Thus Distance Learning Institutes in India provide access to education where the source of information and the students are separated by distance and time.
Careers360 has come up with the ranking of India’s Best Distance Learning Institutes. According to their survey in 2011, here is the list of Top Distance Learning Institutes in India.
- Indira Gandhi National Open University, New Delhi
- Yashwantrao C. Maharashtra Open University, Nasik
- IMT Distance and Open Learning Institute, Ghaziabad
- Sikkim Manipal University, Gangtok
- University of Mumbai, Mumbai
- Maulana Azad National Urdu University, Hyderabad
- Dr. B.R.Ambedkar Open University, Hyderabad
- Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning, Pune
- Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Open University, Ahmedabad
- Annamalai University, Annamalainagar
- Netaji Subhas Open University, Kolkata
- Osmania University, Hyderabad
- Shivaji University, Kolhapur
- M.P. Bhoj (Open) University, Bhopal
- Maharishi Dayanand University, Rohtak
- University of Delhi, New Delhi
- Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur
- SNDT - Women's University, Mumbai
- Alagappa University, Karaikudi
- Andhra University, Visakhapatnam
Source: The above ranking is provided by Careers360. For the complete list of Top DL Institutes, visit http://www.careers360.com/news/6524-Best-Distance-Education-institute-2011Cheers!!!