Wednesday, August 29, 2012

SELF LOVE: Being head over heels with yourself



More often confused with self obsession and selfishness, self love is loving, understanding, respecting & accepting your self. As opposed to self obsession where a person  is self centered, pursues selfish motives, ignores his/her negatives & does nothing to move towards growth or self actualization, Self love is inviting mirrors of reality, accepting your flaws and working to be a better person.
For a healthy, strong & successful personality it is vital for us to practice self love. Ask your self one question, what are the qualities in you that makes you love yourself. Make a list; if at a point you find it difficult to answer reverse the question and ask yourself, why should I not love myself? You love your self for the fact that you are aware of your strengths & weakness, you accept them & you are ready to improve, this realization puts you in state of contentment.
Self love comes from self actualization; simply put you know where you are, where you want to be & the path that will take you to your destination. Growth is what we strive for, my father once righty said “our lives should not be like a pond which is stagnant; rather it should be like a river, flowing continuously, growing continuously.
How often do we come across people who use ‘I Know’ in a conversation? The question arises do they ‘really know’. The other day I was speaking to a friend who was going through a rough patch, in every sentence she said, she knew what the problem was. After a 1 hr discussion I felt she was already very well aware of what the root cause of her problem was. Lastly I confronted her saying “if you know, then do something, act on it & resolve the matter”, to this she said ‘I know, but I cant help it’ Gah!!! She knows everything. Growth only happens if you move ahead. If you do not step forward; you will always be in the same place.
Ways in which you can invite growth; be open to learning, make your own decisions, assume responsibilities for your action, transcend your boundaries; come out of your comfort zone, forgive yourself, practice empathy, be thankful; live a life of gratitude.
Self Love, if you understood it, Congratulations!!! You started your journey of being Happy.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” John Lennon.

Shehnaz Cyclewala
Counsellor
EduGroomers Career Counselling
http://www.edugroomers.com
http://facebook.com/edugroomers 
 
   

1 comment:

  1. NICE BLOG!!! Your blog is very informative for us. I would really like to come back again right here for likewise good articles or blog posts. Thanks for sharing a nice information.
    Top PGDM Colleges in Mumbai
    top PGDM Institutes in Mumbai


    ReplyDelete

Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs