Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED) 2012
Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED) is an all India examination conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT Bombay), on behalf of the Ministry of Human Resources Development, Government of India.The objective of CEED is to assess the candidate’s aptitude for design, involving visual perception ability, drawing skills, logical reasoning, creativity, and communication skills.
CEED Exam for admission to the following programs
Master of Design Program
- IISc Bangalore: M.Des. in Product Design and Engineering *
- IIT Bombay : M.Des. in (i) Industrial Design, (ii) Visual Communication, (iii) Animation, (iv) Interaction Design
- IIT Delhi: M.Des. in Industrial Design
- IIT Guwahati : M.Des.
- IIT Kanpur: M.Des. in Industrial Design *
(*GATE qualified candidates will also be considered for admission to these program).
Ph.D Program in Design (in some of the above institutes)
Details may be obtained from respective web sites.
CEED Application Form must be submitted online, through the website www.iitb.ac.in/gate. The application fee (non refundable) is Rs. 950/- (Rs. 475/- for SC/ST/PD Applicants).
Important Dates for CEED 2012:
- Issue of Application Forms: 12th Sept 2011 to 7th Oct 2011
- Last Date for Receipt of Completed Forms: 14th Oct 2011
- Date of Examination: 4th December 2011
Candidates must either have completed or be expecting to complete any of the following, by July 2012:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering / Architecture / Design/ Interior Design, or equivalent
- Professional Diploma in Design (NID/CEPT, or equivalent)
- B.F.A. (4 year professional program, after 10+2)
- G.D. Art (5 year program after 10th) with one year professional experience
- Master's degree in Arts / Science / Computer Applications
Chairman GATE 2012
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
Powai, Mumbai 400076
Fax: 022-2572 3706
E Mail: gateoffice[at]iitb.ac.in