- Chartered Accountant (CA): Few people realize that one can pursue CA if the student has not taken Maths in 12th. You need to be a science or commerce (Class 12th) pass candidate to qualify for CA exams.
- Company Secretary (CS): Dealing with
corporate and company laws and adhering to them are basic responsibilities of a
Secondary (Class 12th) pass candidates from any stream are eligible for the CS
- Bachelors of Business Administration (BBA): Students can opt for this or an honors program in the same field.
- Bachelors of Computer Application (BCA): Includes basic computer hardware and software courses to help one understand the technology and its applications.
- Bachelors of Commerce (B.Com): In spite of being called ‘commerce’, students can pursue courses in diverse fields such as general marketing, finance, exports, economics and rural marketing.
- Computer Programming programs/certifications: Programming languages such as C, C++, java, .Net are in demand in the mobile and computer software building domain. These are to be separately studied as a certificate course for which the tests are usually conducted online.
- Air hostess: This is exclusively for girls who wish to build a career in the aviation industry. It is among the most demanding professions in the world.
- Journalism: This profession requires spontaneity, innovative thinking and great command on the language.
- Acting: Professional courses in acting and theatre can help in boosting acting skills for television platforms or even the silver screen. However, the scope is very limited as the entertainment industry requires a lot of persistence and patience to showcase talent and be recognized.
- Fashion Designing & Graphic Designing: For the creative lot, interested in creating graphics for mobile/computer. 3D animations and fashion designing. These options have also recently emerged in India which comes with great scope for the students and industry.
Wednesday, November 21, 2012
Top Careers for Students w/o Maths
Contrary to a popular belief that there are no good education courses without mathematics, leading education institutions in India cater to a wide variety of such programs. If you fear maths, be ready to embrace a great career without it! For the students who are afraid of maths or have no interest in the subject, here is a list of options that you might prefer as a career option-
Counselling Psychologist & Soft Skills Trainer